Emergency Ultrasound > Learning Objectives
- Know the components of an ultrasound study.
- Know the general terms used when describing an ultrasound study (Anechoic, acoustic enhancement, and acoustic shadowing)
- Identify gallstones, acute cholecystitis and biliary dilation associated with RUQ pain.
- Identify abdominal an aortic aneurysm and pancreatitis associated with epigastric pain.
- Identify appendicitis associated with RLQ pain.
- Identify nephrolithiasis and hydronephrosis associated with flank pain.
- Identify an adnexal mass, pelvic inflammatory disease, and ectopic pregnancy associated with pelvic pain.
- Identify testicular torsion and epididymitis associated with testicular pain.
- Identify a deep vein thrombosis associated with extremity swelling.
© Copyright Rector and Visitors of the University of Virginia 2013