The Oasis server update is scheduled between 7 pm and 9 pm on Thursday, March 22nd, 2018. All applications require Oasis login will not be accessible during this time.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Identify benefits to teaching in the clinical setting.
- Identify common challenges to teaching in the clinical setting.
- Identify and describe the 5 Precepting Microskills.
- Provide a minimum of 2 examples of questions for each microskill.
- Identify each of the microskills in a video case example.
Have you ever experienced any of the following as an instructor?
A learner presents a patient to you in a rambling, disorganized manner that includes many details strung together in a way that leaves you guessing what the learner really knows and does not know.
A learner presents a patient to you with an initial statement or two of why the patient is there and then proceeds to ask you a series of questions.
A learner presents a patient in a fairly coherent, succinct manner and then says nothing, looking to you about what to do next.
All of these are common situations. It can be challenging for an instructor to know what to do next. This module will provide a strategy to manage these and other similar situations.