- Students at away sites should be released from clinical responsibilities
at approximately 5:00 pm on the day prior to the Clinical Connections.
- Students at away sites do not need to take call the night before and
should "sign over" their patients to someone else on the team.
- For those Clinical Connections scheduled for Friday, students should
resume their clinical responsibilities Sunday morning or Monday morning
depending on the individual service (away site).
- Students are expected to inform their teams (attending, resident,
intern) of their schedule regarding Clinical Connections.
- Any policies affecting the Clinical Connections program should be
first cleared through Dr. Reid Adams, Director.
- Problems on the team should be worked out among the team members,
including the attending, in a professional manner, recognizing that
the Clinical Connections program is required of all third year students.
The attending should contact the Clerkship Director. Any issues that
cannot be resolved should be directed to Dr. Reid Adams, Director of
the Clinical Connections.
See calendar for scheduled
Clinical Connection days.
Students receive credit for each hour attended. Thirty-four (34) credit
hours are required to pass Clinical Connections which is recorded on the
transcript as a "pass." Students rotating in Family Medicine or Ambulatory
Medicine receive credit hours for their workshop if it occurs on the same
day as a Clinical Connection. Credit hours should be recorded on the paper
form provided. To check your hours see the Clinical
Connections web site.
Dr. Reid Adams, Director
Dr. Jann Balmer, coordinator
Pamela MacIntyre, assistant