Pre-Clerkship Teaching Electives:
scheduling these two electives should participate in a three-evening
series of teaching skills workshops to be scheduled in mid-April,
This series of teaching-related workshops will immerse students in
a supportive learning community where you will explore a number of
classroom and clinical teaching mechanisms, practice giving and receiving
meaningful and constructive peer feedback, and be personally mentored
by enthusiastic faculty while designing and participating in micro-teaching
Specifically, at the end of these workshops, students will be able
• Explain the fundamentals of teaching
and learning in medical settings.
• Create and implement an instructional session, considering the alignment
between learning objectives, assessment, and instructional strategies.
• Implement the principles and best practices of clinical skills-based
• Provide constructive feedback to students and colleagues that promotes
a scholarly dialogue.
• Formulate a self-development plan for both classroom and clinical teaching.
Education Curriculum/Instructional Design Teaching Elective (arranged)
3414 - At least two weeks in advance must submit proposal
Gross Anatomy - Teaching Elective (arranged) 3403
Basic Science Teaching and
Curriculum Review and Report (arranged) 3401
Medical Science Teaching Elective (arranged) 3405 - Must
be scheduled at least a month in advance